Friday, February 4, 2011

Castle Princess Pinata-DIY

Another post about the princess party I have been working on. It has finally come down to the night before the big show! I am the lucky one who has just been able to help with a few little projects and not the momma who is probably baking/cleaning and stressing about how everything will go. So I was able to finish up last minute details to the Pinata I have been working on. You can go to any store really and buy a pinata and princess ones are not hard to find. However, they range from $20.00-$40.00 depending on what you get. Now doing a princess party on a budget that didn't really fit. So whats the next best thing? Home made, well yes! Free, well yes! being green and recycling, well yes! I was able to gather a few boxes and go to town with creating this magical castle for a cute little princess.

I used two juice/milk cartons along with two cereal boxes. Or you could have just used one big cereal box the best thing about this is use what you have. I also used a tea box for the opening/draw bridge as well. Plus glue stick, ribbon and crepe paper all that I had on hand.


(sorry for the blurry photo-didn't realize until after the pinata was completed but wanted to post what I really did use for this.

Now did you really think that old boxes could be turned into something so cute??

Just a few notes on how I did this- after I took the boxes and arranged them on the floor of how I was going to make it look like a castle I then started doing crepe paper around the boxes. There are a few ways you can go about this. At first I took a glue stick and ran it all around the box. then wrapped the paper around the box. After you get the full box covered I then went back and cut little strips so it looked more like a pinata feel. You can just leave it as well both looked super cute. Or another option is before you start to put the glue on the box take the paper and fold it several times and then do your cuts. After you get all of the cuts then glue and stick to box. I then just cut out little rectangles out of the tops of all the boxes to make it look more like a castle. Made windows out of crepe paper and glued everything together! Put a slit in the bottom and attached some ribbon. This will be a pull the string pinata but you can also open it by hitting your choice. I will add a few little princess things on the top tomorrow for the party but have to adventure to the dollar store before I can do that. Of course I will add more photos of the party and how it all goes! I sure hope this little princess likes all these little creations!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment