Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday on a Budget

One of my favorite things to do is to plan parties. Any kind of party is fun but especially when its for kids. I have always been one to go way over board on things for my little girls birthday parties. Well the older she got the more I was spending on just putting her shin gig on. Not including any of her gifts. I realized fast that I wasn't going to be able to go all out every year. That is when I started researching more and more online. I have really become addicted to reading blogs. With reading so many creative and fun ways to save money, I have gotten so much more frugal about parties. My plan is always to do a party under $100.00. This is including food and everything. Recently I volunteered to help a friend out with her little girls birthday party. She is turning four and wants a princess theme party. I am a big fan of themed birthdays but when it comes to a character party I learned that you don't have to go and spend hundreds on everything with that character on it. I am going to post several little posts on all the things that I will be doing for her birthday party for the next few weeks.

A big tip I have for planning parties is to always start way in advance! I love being able to shop a few months in advance for anything at the goodwill, dollar store, walmart, ross or just in general sale items. If you plan with enough time you can normally score some great items and or have enough time to create your own! I love DIY stuff, and on my blog I hope to post many DIY projects.

So the first thing that I did was of course go to the local Dollar Store. I love this store and have become a frequent shopper. I needed a few things and knew that I could save a ton of money on them here. What I wanted to share was how easy it is to take something from the dollar store and turn it into something super cute! 
 I took a simple basket, silverware, and napkins from the DS and ribbon I already had and made this cute little holder.

 A simple plastic wine glass from the DS with a touch of ribbon as a bow and look how cute it looks? I think any princess would want to drink out of it, what do you think?
Come back again to see more of my cute little decorations for a princess party on a budget!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I am the mom that budgets the big bucks to plan the perfect party and you are showing me all the amazing ways my daughter can have the perfect party on a budget.

    ReplyDelete